Yoga for Healing
Yoga for Healing offers tools to empower trauma survivors to feel grounded in the present moment, able to access feelings of safety in your body, and deepen your connection to yourself and others. This experiential group is designed to help you develop a relationship with your body based in trust, acceptance, and curiosity. Everyone’s healing journey is unique and this group aims to support you in learning what practices are helpful for you on your path. We will use the frameworks of yoga and somatic psychology to explore breathwork, meditation, affirmations, and movement in the service of healing trauma.
In this group, you will:
- Learn about the neurophysiology of trauma to better understand what is going on in your body.
- Expand your capacity to regulate your nervous system and integrate patterns of flight, fight, and freeze.
- Learn tools to access a felt sense of safety in your body.
- Practice mindfulness skills to attend to difficult emotions and sensations with compassion and curiosity without being overwhelmed by them.
- Deepen your relationship with yourself and build community with others who are a healing path.
How to Join
- A referral from a CAPS provider and a meeting with the group facilitator are required to join this group. Ask your current CAPS provider how to join or speak with a counselor to get started.
- This group has a $10 fee per session. If cost is a barrier for you, please call 520-621-3334
- Facilitator: Melissa Keller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This group meets at the North Rec Sunset Room.
What to Expect:
Learn through experience in this group. Yoga for healing incorporates yoga and somatic psychology to explore breathwork, meditation, affirmations, and movement.