Mental Health Mastermind
Mental Health Mastermind is a hands-on 12-week group covering topics like motivation, mindset, and self-awareness. Talk with other students, reflect on your personal experiences, and experiment with new strategies and tools. Each session comes with a fillable mini-workbook that you’ll use during the group meeting
In Mental Health Mastermind, you will:
- Set personal wellness goals that you'll revisit throughout the semester.
- Build your personal coping manual.
- Discover the beliefs and self-image that will support your health, happiness, and success.
- Get hands-on experience practicing new tools and strategies.
Mental Health Mastermind is available as a grad student-only group and all-students group.
How to Join
- Participate on your own using the Mental Health Mastermind workbooks below or join the group for in-depth discussion and peer support. A referral from a CAPS provider is required to join this group. Ask your current CAPS provider how to join or speak with a counselor to get started.
- This group has a $10 fee per session. If cost is a barrier for you, please call 520-621-3334.
- Facilitator: Leslie Ralph (email@example.com)
- This group meets online. A Zoom link will be provided by the group facilitator.
Session 1. Goal-Setting. Learn how to set achievable and sustainable wellness goals. You'll refer back to these goals throughout the mastermind.
Session 2: Personal Coping Manual. Learn your personal continuum of emotions and identify the coping style that fits you best.
Session 3: First Quarter Check-In. Reflect on your progress toward your goals and learn how to overcome obstacles in your path.
Session 4: Self-Talk and Self-Affirmation. Learn how your self-talk shapes your life and practice steps to create personalized affirmations.
Session 5: Resilient Mindset. Learn how to change your mind about failures, setbacks, and challenges.
Session 6: Midpoint Check-In - or the "muddled middle." Learn how to find clarity and maintain progress at this midpoint check-in.
Session 7: Visualizing Wellness. Learn how to use visualization to achieve positive emotions and peak performance.
Session 8: Motivation. Learn how to boost your motivation and counteract resistance.
Session 9: Three-Quarter Check-In & Sustainability. Learn about burn-out and how to make sustainable progress toward your goals.
Session 10: Thriving. Learn the happiness equation and what positive psychology can teach us about happier living.
Session 11: Self-Awareness and Self-Compassion. Learn how mindfulness and self-compassion can enhance your self-awareness and help you make the changes you desire.
Session 12: Closing with Personal Truths. Learn how to see yourself in an empowering light and name the personal truths you've uncovered during this mastermind.