Identities & Language
- Cis Woman
- 2nd Generation Immigrant (Parents are from Mexico)
- Hispanic or Latinx
- Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese (Elementary Proficiency)
- Master's of Counseling at UArizona Rehabilitation and Mental Health (RMH)
- Graduate Assistant at Dean of Students Office (DOS) Student Assistant
Role at CAPS
As a counseling extern, Natali provides individual counseling, co-facilitates the USO mixed undergrad and grad group, and facilitates the Anxiety Toolbox, Gettung Unstuck, and IO workshops.
- Academic Concerns
- Coping Skills
Natali is interested in working with underrepresented communities, specifically the Latinx community, and providing bilingual counseling in Spanish and English. Her goal is to create a safe space where individuals feel comfortable to explore their mental health and learn the skills necessary to help them cope. She is interested in person-centered therapy, mindfulness-based CBT, acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), multicultural therapy, and motivational interviewing.
- Reading and writing poetry. She is an avid watcher of Button Poetry on YouTube.
- Theatre and musical theatre. Les Miserables is her favorite Broadway musical. Fun fact: Natali minored in Theatre as an undergrad at UArizona.
- Watching movies. Favorite genres include suspense and romantic comedies.
- Natali is a self-proclaimed Swiftie and is distraught that she could not get tickets for the Eras tour.
- Listening to music
To be Hannah Montana (regular girl by day, pop star by night).