Accessing CAPS Services for Students Who Are Minors
Before CAPS can provide clinical services to someone who is less than 18 years old, there are 5 steps to complete:
The student (or their parent/guardian) should call CAPS at 520-621-3334 and ask to speak with a Clinical Care Coordinator (CCC). They are available Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm. The CCC will explain the next steps and send the student a secure message in PatientLink.
A parent/guardian will need to download four (4) forms:
- Consent to Treat a Minor
- CAPS Consent to Treatment
- Authorization to Bill Insurance
- Telebehavioral Health Services Consent Form
- You can access the forms online here.
Submit the forms (once they are completed, signed, and dated). The parent/guardian then either:
- Provide the student with pictures of the 4 forms electronically.
- Student logs into their PatientLink.
- Student goes to Messages and replies to the Clinical Care Coordinator with attached uploads of the 4 forms.
Faxes the forms to CAPS at 520-626-6105 with Attention to [name of Clinical Care Coordinator] so they can be informed when it has arrived.
Once the forms arrive, we will call the parent/guardian who filled it out to confirm that stage of the process and answer any questions.
We will contact the student to ask that they either call us at 520-621-3334 or Zoom with us to set up an appointment. See Getting Started at CAPS for more information.