Campus Eating Disorder Awareness and Recovery Group (CEDAR)
Tired of struggling with food and body image? Come talk about it in a safe space. CEDAR is open to UArizona students seeking support, education, and community to talk freely about eating disorders, disordered eating, and body image. We will look at evidence-based approaches for helping anyone struggling with food, weight and/or body image concerns.
In this group, you will:
- Build hope for breaking the cycle of disordered eating and body image concerns.
- Explore what it means to be healthy.
- Uncover the barriers to eating "normally."
- Talk about how you really feel about food, your body, and yourself.
- Learn ways to nourish your body and cultivate self-compassion.
How to Join
- A referral from a CAPS provider and a brief phone call with the group facilitator is required to join this group. Ask your current CAPS provider how to join or speak with a counselor to get started.
- This is a free support group.
- Facilitators: Jan Courtney (email@example.com) & Lisa MacDonald
- This group meets online. A Zoom link will be provided by the group facilitator.
Who can benefit from this group?
Anyone who has ever bought into/been affected by cultural and quasi-scientific assumptions about weight and health.
Topics will include:
- Respect for people of all sizes.
- Critical awareness, compassionate self-care, and life-enhancing movement.
- We will look at social justice implications and develop practical tools to support a change in focus.