Finding Your Center
In old Irish, Mide means “center”. The goal of the group is to equip you with what you need to find your center- to better know and understand yourself, to speak your truth, to feel grounded and connected and to “stand in your power”.
In this group, you will learn coping skills that will help you cope more effectively with difficult life circumstances. These skills come from the following 4 Modules (M.I.D.E.), which are taught over 9 weeks:
- Mindfulness * for developing self-awareness (weeks 1 & 2)
- Interpersonal Effectiveness * healthy relationship skills with other people and yourself (weeks 3 & 4)
- Distress Tolerance * getting through a crisis without making it worse (weeks 5, 6 & 7)
- Emotion Regulation * decreasing negative emotions & generating positive ones (weeks 8&9)
How to Join
- A referral from a CAPS provider is required to join this group. You call attend all sessions or attend just one of the four modules. New group members can join at the start of any module. Ask your current CAPS provider how to join or speak with a counselor to get started.
- This group has a $10 fee per session. If cost is a barrier for you, please call 520-621-3334
- Facilitator: Cynthia Klatte (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This group meets online. A Zoom link will be provided by the group facilitator.
What to Expect
Connect with others as you learn and practice new skills.