Bonnie Kneller (she, her, hers)
Hi, I'm Bonnie, your CALS Life Management Counselor.
I have been working with young adults for my entire career of 38 years. I recently had worked in K12 education at the high school level and I am excited to work in higher ed now at the university.
As a Life Management Counselor, I provide consultations and short-term counseling to CALS students. I also offer presentations on wellness, counseling, and mental health issues.
Life Management services are:
- Paid for by the university, which means they're free to students.
- Usually available for same or next week appointments.
I'm looking forward to connecting with you. Here's how you can reach me:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org*
- Phone: 520-621-1293
- Location: Forbes 204 D
- Schedule an appointment online
*email is not confidential and not checked daily. Please call 911 or go to your local emergency room if there is an emergency.
You're Not Alone
I know so many students have struggled with anxiety and depression, especially during the pandemic. I want you to know you're not alone; there are so many people who are struggling.
I hope you feel comfortable reaching out for support from me or another counselor or support staff. We're here for you.
The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don't tell you what to see.
Services & Programs
All services are confidential and free to students.
The first step for Life Management Counseling. Consultations are an easy and informal opportunity to determine your care needs and get professional emotional support, guidance, and resources.
When students want more support than wellness consultation, they can start therapy for more in-depth, consistent, and goal-oriented mental health care.
When students have care needs outside of what Life Management can provide, we assist with referrals to other resources both inside and outside the university.
Groups - Coming Soon!
I hope to offer a mindfulness group and other groups to support student wellbeing. Stay tuned!
I'm available for presentations on mental health and wellness. I recently I participated on a panel discussion called Mental Health Roundtable addressing common student mental health concerns and providing resources to address those concerns. I also have presented about the Life Management program to academic advisors, and student groups.
My Favorite Resources
- Navigate and explore the CAPS website for more information on services and on-demand tools.
- Map My Habit App - step by step guidance on changing behaviors, forming new habits, and reducing anxiety. The app goes along with a book called Unwinding Anxiety by Dr. Judson Brewer, which I am reading now!
- Just Breathe online mindful breathing tool and app
- Sounds True Free Programs: The Self Acceptance Project, The Practice Of Mindfulness, and Meditation Music